FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
October 15, 2020 – Luxembourg City, Luxembourg 30 million children would have been trafficked around the world by the end of this year. This appalling fact is why Luxembourg’s Diplomacy and Communications Institute (LUDCI.eu) was established working hand in hand with the EU Institutions, law enforcement agencies, and the Corporate World to spread awareness to better combat this scourge.
“LUDCI.eu was established to save children who desperately need to be salvaged,” explained Vassilia Orfanou, Communications Director of LUDCI.eu. “As humans, we should be truly appalled at any children’s violations. The World’s children are still our own children. Whatever does not happen in our neighborhood does not mean that it does not happen at all. Instead of continuing to shut our eyes to a global plague that takes children’s lives daily, we need to act as responsible parents to eradicate this crime. One of the ways we aim to do that is by partnering with EU institutions, NGOs, law enforcement agencies, and companies to stop any form of illegal child labor, which is where trafficking begins and ends. In addition to that, we also partner with companies to donate funds to fight child trafficking, thereby improving their social corporate responsibility structures as well. If you cannot afford a donation to causes that matter, what is the purpose of your company after all?!”
LUDCI.eu is a multi-platform organisation seeking to support the fight against child trafficking in various ways.
- Consulting: Interested in outreach and engagement EU funded project opportunities alongside corporate partners that specifically aim to combat child trafficking, child labour and human rights violations.
- Media diplomacy: Use of media services, such an e-magazine, an e-journal and social media to raise awareness and disseminate knowledge, and trigger action.
- R&D: With a research backbone, it strives to boost the overall R&D practice to better tackle the issue.
- Public Relations & Dissemination: Fully enabled as a media attaché that partners with NGOs, IGOs, law enforcement agencies, and SMEs to publicise and optimise initiatives aimed at tackling child trafficking.
- Education: Eventually offer training and online courses to educate and unify stakeholders in the fight against human and child trafficking.
“As the only diplomatic and communications institute that combines such an approach, we fully recognise the responsibility of our organisation’s unique position,” said Orfanou. “But we are humble to understand that we cannot possibly bear such a mission solely on our own. Pulling this menace from its roots can only happen with a concerted effort, which is where the gap lies in the first place. We need to work together to build a future where every single child is safe. Together we can. Together we must!”
For those interested in helping to eradicate child trafficking, they can make a donation to this crucial cause through the LUDCI.eu website. Those interested to staying up to date with our news and initiatives can simply take a moment to subscribe to the LUDCI.eu e-magazine.
# # #
Media and Contact person: Vassilia Orfanou, Communications Director
Company Name: Luxembourg’s Diplomacy and Communications Institute (LUDCI.eu)
Email: [email protected]